Magnesium 250mg 200 Vcaps
Magnesium 250mg 200 Vcaps
Magnesium, the second most abundant mineral in the body’s cells, supports heart function and muscle strength and aids in the prevention of headaches and migraines. Dietary sources are easily destroyed through cooking and processing, so supplementation is vital. Sisu Magnesium 250 mg delivers 250 mg of elemental magnesium from magnesium malate along with the additional benefits of malic acid.
- 250 mg of elemental magnesium from magnesium malate and the natural oxide form
- Magnesium malate is made by combining a natural magnesium complex with malic acid
- Provides the approximate equivalent of 450 mg malic acid per capsule
- Malic acid is made in the body and is also found naturally in many fruits including apples and sour cherries. It is a safe food ingredient used to flavour sour candies and some wine
- Malic acid is involved as a catalyst in the Krebs’ cycle to increase energy production in the cells and used in research in combination with magnesium to help relieve fibromyalgia pain
- Take with food and spread the daily dosage throughout the day to reduce the likelihood of gastric side effects because too much magnesium can induce diarrhea
Magnesium is the second most abundant mineral in the body’s cells; it is involved in over 300 biochemical reactions in the body and is crucial for the proper functioning of every organ. However, it is one of the nutrients lost in cooking and processing and the body is not good at storing magnesium, so it is vital to get enough of it through supplementation. Magnesium is also depleted by the use of certain medications including antibiotics, diuretics, and oral contraceptives, and magnesium levels are typically low in people who have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and kidney disease. Excess consumption of coffee, alcohol, salt, and soda drinks, as well as heavy menstrual periods, excessive sweating, and prolonged stress can also contribute to low magnesium levels, and ultimately to magnesium deficiency. Magnesium deficiency is difficult to diagnose and is not associated with any symptoms at first, but inadequate magnesium reserves may contribute to many conditions including muscle pain and weakness, restless leg syndrome, abnormal heart rhythms, low blood pressure, headaches, nausea and vomiting, agitation and irritability, poor nail growth, and more. Magnesium supplements are an easy and reliable way to ensure consistent adequate intake of this crucial mineral and some forms such as magnesium malate in Sisu Magnesium offer additional benefits from malic acid.